Alertness vs. Carelessness
Being Aware of what is taking place around me so I can have the right responses.
Alertness in the home includes:
· Looking for and praising ways that family members have displayed good character.
· Sensing that seemingly harmless activities could lead to bad influences and wrong friends.
· Being aware that participating in certain activities could lead to bad influences and wrong friends.
· Practicing preventive maintenance with household appliances and personal health.
· keep my eyes and ears open.
· recognize and heed warning signals.
· choose to do right before I'm tempted.
· tell others of dangers.
· stay away from unsafe places.
Rewards of Alertness
An alert family is able to see dangers and avoid them.
An alert family is forewarned about situations and circumstances, and therefore, they are able to prepare themselves for them.
"Watch thou and wake when others be asleep." - Shakespeare