Attentiveness vs. Distraction
Showing the worth of a person or task by giving my undivided concentration.
Attentiveness in the home includes:
· Showing support for each other by listening to ideas without immediately getting irritated or finding fault with them.
· Encouraging other family members by expressing an interest in their activities.
· Setting aside time to listen with eyes and ears to a family member's counsel and concerns.
· Spending time alone with family members to listen to their interests and make them feel important.
· Knowing what each family member enjoys so that extra touches can be added to birthday celebrations and other special occasions.
· look at people when they speak to me.
· ask questions if I don't understand.
· sit or stand straight.
· not draw attention to myself.
· keep my eyes, ears, hands, feet, and mouth from distraction.
Rewards of attentiveness
Respect From Others
An attentive person enjoys the respect of others as they value his opinion the way he has valued theirs.
Key to Knowledge
You will discover that the secret to learning is asking as many questions as you can and listening carefully to the answers.
"A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he knows something." – Wilson Mizner