Patience vs. Restlessness
Accepting a difficult situation without
giving a deadline to remove it.
Patience in the home includes:
· Dealing with difficulties as
character-building opportunities instead of seeking to solve the family
problems by making more money.
· Being willing to make the most of a limited
· Giving up immediate wants if they do not help
the family as a whole.
· Children being diligent to do their homework well even if
the subject or teacher is difficult or unpleasant.
· change the things I can change and
accept the things I can't.
· keep trying until I succeed.
· make the most of my spare time.
· not interrupt.
· not complain if I don't get my way.
Rewards of patience
One measure of maturity is how long
one can wait between achievement and reward.
Hope is the anticipation of good
things to come. It is an important ingredient to a happy life. The enjoyment of
a thing is increased when one has waited a long time to receive it.
waste." - Common saying