- Is a man poor when he does not have enough money to pay his bills? (Isa. 58:7)
- If a man really set his mind to making money, can he become wealthy?
(Lam. 3:37; Haggai 1:9)
- Is one of God's ways of punishing those who violate His Word to cause them
to lose money? (Prov. 5:10, 6:11, 10:3, 10:4, 11:15, 11:24, 11:29,
13:11, 13:18, 14:23, 19:15, 21:13, 21:17, 22:16, 23:21, 28:8, 28:19, 28:22)
- Does God choose to make some people rich and other people poor?
(Job 1-2, 42; II Chr. 36:11-21; II Cor. 8:9; Psa. 75:6-7; Deut. 8:18)
- Are some people destined to remain poor, while others are destined to remain
rich? (Psa. 66:12)
- Can government programs eliminate poverty?
- Does God have a cycle which takes people from riches to poverty to riches?
- Is God's remedy for slothful people not to give them food? (II Thess. 3:10,
Prov. 6:10-11, 20:4)
- Does God have special punishments for those who take advantage of the poor?
(Prov. 14:31, 19:17, 21:13, 22:16; Isa. 3:14; Exo. 22:22-24)
- Has God ordained the government to provide jobs for the poor?
(I Peter 2:14; Lev. 19:9-10)
- Would a guaranteed income voilate the principles of God's Word?
(I Thess. 4:10-11; II Thess. 3:10; Prov. 20:4, 19:14)
- Does God compensate the poor by giving them things that the rich do not have?
(Heb. 11:6; James 2:5; Eccl. 5:12)
- Does God allow wicked people to prosper financially?
(Matt. 5:45; Romans 2:4; Prov. 15:6; Psa. 37:35-36)
- Is it possible for a truly dedicated Christian to be financially poor?
(II Cor. 6:4,10; Psa. 37:25)
- Is it Scripturally right for our government to take from the rich
and give to the poor? (I Sam. 8:11,14,18)
- Is wealth measured by how much money or how many possessions a person has?
(Rev. 3:17; Prov. 11:24; Luke 12:15)
- Is poverty more a state of mind than a condition of the pocketbook?
- Are the riches of the wicked valuable because they provide personal security?
(Prov. 15:6,16; Eccl. 5:10,12-13)
- Should we adjust our standard of living to the income that God
allows us to receive? (Psa. 62:10)
- Is it unscriptural for a dedicated Christian to have an abundance of riches?
(Psa. 39:6; I Tim. 6:17; James 5:4; Psa. 62:10; II Cor. 9:8)