Anger and Temper
MAT 5:22-22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother
will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother,
'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You
fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Characteristics of Anger / Temper
- PRO 14:17-17 A quick-tempered man does foolish things, and a crafty
man is hated.
- PRO 14:29-29 A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered
man displays folly.
- PRO 15:18-18 A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient
man calms a quarrel.
- PRO 16:32-32 Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls
his temper than one who takes a city.
- PRO 17:27-27 A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a
man of understanding is even-tempered.
- PRO 19:19-19 A hot-tempered man must pay the penalty; if you
rescue him, you will have to do it again.
- PRO 27:4-4 Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand
- PRO 29:11-11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control.
- PRO 29:22-22 An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered
one commits many sins.
- PRO 30:33-33 For as churning the milk produces butter, and as
twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife."
How to deal with Anger / Temper
- PRO 15:1-1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs
- PRO 20:2-2 A king's wrath is like the roar of a lion; he who angers
him forfeits his life.
- PRO 21:14-14 A gift given in secret soothes anger, and a bribe
concealed in the cloak pacifies great wrath.
- PRO 22:24-24 Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not
associate with one easily angered,
- PRO 29:8-8 Mockers stir up a city, but wise men turn away anger.
- PRO 21:19-19 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill
- PRO 25:23-23 As a north wind brings rain, so a sly tongue brings